The difference is in the data stream.
Urban Informatics’ (UI) Metro Traffic Engine uses the mobile operator’s data to instantly provide the following benefits:
- Monitor current traffic conditions across main and secondary road, in real-time.
- Predict the buildup and decrease the congestion throughout metropolitan areas.
- Access coverage of all highways and major surface streets.
- Feed commercial traffic and broadcast applications.
- Offer real-time diversion strategies to minimize the effects of road accidents and lane closures.
- Aggregate and access historic data for city planning simulations.
UI obtains this data in real-time giving our Metro Traffic Engine an advantage over other live-traffic platforms that rely on data streams that regularly suffer from latency or are simply reported after-the-fact and are left to extrapolate from data simply isn’t fresh.