UIC is seeking experienced software developers who want to assume key creative roles in developing innovative and progressive solutions in the area of enterprise web applications. We are especially interested in positive, motivated individuals with a proficiency in creating well designed/tested enterprise web applications. UIC is a sister company of Intelligent Mechatronic Systems (IMS) a leader in developing and delivering the advanced end-to-end connected car solutions.
UIC’s full time, permanent positions include competitive salary, immediate benefits coverage, company social events, free onsite parking and a fresh modern atmosphere to work in. Our employee assistance programs are there when you need them, 24 hours a day.
Close to walking trails, shopping, restaurants and summer outdoor markets – UIC is located in beautiful Waterloo Ontario. Our new, state of the art facility will build your skills and passion for technology. See what we are working on now at www.uinformatics.com and join a company committed to making vehicles safer, smarter and greener.
Urban Informatics Corporation (UIC) delivers timely, accurate and real time traffic information in a seamless, natural and effective manner. Our advanced technology enables drivers to receive personalized traffic updates through several interfaces including the web, mobile phones and in-vehicle. Urban Informatics monitors traffic in real time using network data from the wireless mobile phone network. Using anonymous data from a mobile phone network, the Urban Informatics System turns routine network signalling data from mobile phones into real-time roadway speeds and accurate traffic information. Whether you are a wireless operator looking to increase the usability of your network data or a commuter who requires access to real-time and accurate traffic information, the Urban Informatics System is the most robust and advanced traffic technology solution in the market.
As an active member of an agile development team, this role is ultimately responsible for:
- Creating high quality/maintainable code, on new and existing components, employing best practices such as refactoring and high percentage unit test coverage;
- Planning, researching, designing, coding, testing and deploying database backed enterprise web applications and/or components from scratch, as well as refactoring and building on an existing code base with minimal assistance;
- Providing input into application architecture and design;
- Offer technical support to testing & validation and product support teams as required;
- Research, adapt and make recommendations for a rapidly evolving product line which may including unbiased, justified selections of tools and languages when appropriate;
- Reporting daily on status of activities, accurately outlining work task breakdowns for project tasks and estimate time frames for work completion;
- Adhering to Agile design principles.
Minimum of 7+ years work experience in software development, IT consulting or related business/industry.
- 5+ years working with Java/JEE technologies & 1-3 years experience, working in an agile work environment;
- Practical experience in design and development of Java and Java EE applications using EJB3, JPA, Web services, JMS, Dependency Injection, POJO, socket connections;
- Practical experience developing highly available enterprise software on an open source technology stack;
- Practical experience in modeling object oriented designs: data, object, component;
- Experience adhering to and enforcing strict software quality coding standards and best practices;
- Skilled with Open Source relational database (MySQL) using ORM technologies (Hibernate) and SQL;
- Knowledge of Open Source: Application Servers (Glassfish), Web Servers (Apache), IDE (Netbeans), source control (SVN);
- Prioritize assigned work so that high risk issues are identified, understood, and resolved in a timely manner;
- Candidate must be flexible, be prepared to participate in a number of efforts simultaneously, driving issue resolution, or other tasks to get the project in on time, per scope and on budget;
- Candidate must be comfortable providing subject matter expertise and pursuing business need clarification;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- BSc (Computer Science or Engineering) or equivalent working experience;GIS experience is an asset.
- Linux working experience is preferred.
How to Contact us:
Email: Send email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to reference Senior Software Developer (JEE) in the subject of the message. Failure to do so may result in your submission going unnoticed.
No phone calls, please. Only those considered for the position will be contacted by UIC. UIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Credit card merchant account replica merchant account processing companies.